Saturday, September 5, 2009

Missing bits....and a big decision

OK so I finally went through all the boxes that came with the Prinz. The good news is that there are LOTS of extra parts. The bad news is that there are some key parts that are defiantly missing.

Extra bits include a gas tank, oil filters, fabric to recover the back seat (yes, it does have a back seat in case you were wondering), a very cool valve cover that sports the letters NSU, and I think enough bits to make an entire spare engine. Of course the extra engine is currently in a million pieces and the previous owner has not been able to lay his hands on the owners manual. *Sigh*

What I don't have is the ignition, air filter housing, front back and curved side windows (I have a very bad feeling that they are going to be pricey to have custom made with the curve of them), instrument panel, and I am sure there will be more more but I have not had the joy of figuring out what they are yet.

So now comes the decision....do I attempt to make the little beast come to life with the engine that it currently in it? Or do I start to rebuild the extra engine and see how far I get?

Well enough playing with the toy, it's my turn to mow the lawn.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your restoration. If you're not doing this already, I would suggest watching German ebay for parts. You'll find far more NSU parts on German ebay. I would also suggest joining a couple of Yahoo microcar groups. If you're looking for a particular part or advice, there is usually somebody who has it or can steer you in the right direction.
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/microcar-minicar/
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Microcars/

    ReplyDelete