Friday, September 11, 2009

Repair Manual

WAHOO! The previous owner found the repair manual! It is very very very cool. It has great diagrams showing how to fix all sorts of things on the Prinz. It is a great tool will help me bring the Prinz back to life.

And to set the record straight. No, I have never really done a restoration before. I have owned a number of weird cars that I have worked on here and there but this will be my first true restoration. I have been banned by the other half that this will also be my ONLY restoration until it is up and running on it's own. *sigh* There was one point in our life together that I had collected 5 random cars in various states of repair. Some people save animals, I want to save cars.
Last week I went up to the Alaska State Fair in Palmer. On the day I was there the Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska were showing off their cars. After talking to some of the members I plan on becoming a member myself. They offer lots of help, advice and knowledge of the world of car restorations. And I think I could use all of the above.

This Ford is owned by one of the Antique Auto Mushers members. It was a very sweet looking car. They did admit that antique cars are an addiction. I can defiantly agree to that! My dream house would come with a warehouse to store all my toys!

The Prinz is my only toy car at the moment, but I also have a 1966 Skamper pop-up, and a fabulous Serro Scotty travel trailer. The Scotty was a pregnancy gift from my amazing other half. It is so great having a other half that gets it. The Scotty was the world's most perfect present for a car geek like me.
The plan for the Scotty is that it is to become my art studio. Living in a small house means that in the winter it is very easy to heat. And being in Alaska that is ALWAYS a good thing. But it also means that there is little space for my other hobbies such as making Ukrainian Eggs, painting, quilting, and a number of other art activities. The Scotty will be the extra room just for me. I know that this is the NSU Prinz blog but updates from the Scotty will be include in here from time to time too.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Just stumbled across your site while looking for info on my new toy - a 1959 Prinz 11. I think I'm pretty much in the same boat as you!

    Except you're one up on me because I can't find a manual. Any amount of coaxing that could convince you to photocopy / scan it? I'd be happy to pay you, I'm gettin' desperate over here!

    I'm a bike geek, this is my first project car so I'm terrified to take anything apart until I've seen a manual.

    Always up for a like-minded chat - motormatic@gmail.com

    Cheers!

    Lindsay (Toronto, Canada)

    ReplyDelete